Neelum Valley AJK is a 220 km scenic valley along river Neelum in North of Muzaffarabad. Neelum Valley Azad Kashmir is connected through a mettled road with Islamabad with a total travel time of 7 hours. Sharda Khuttan & Keran are the main tourist points that are covered during Neelum Valley Azad Kashmir tour packages.
Khuttan is a small valley along Jagran river. It is 10 km off from main Kundal Shahi Bazar Neelum Valley AJK. A must place to stay for a Night
Sharda a breath-taking green spot at an altitude of 1981m. Shardi and Nardi are two mountain peaks overlooking the valley, reputedly named after legendary princess Sharda. It has a captivating landscape with numerous springs and hill-sides covered with trees. On the right bank, opposite Sharda, the Neelum is joined by the Surgan Nallah along which a track leads to Noorinar Pass and through it to the Kaghan Valley. Ruins of an old Buddhist University can also be found in Sharda.
Dowarian is lush hilly village about 22 km away from Authmuqam. It is the base camp for Ratti Gali lake located at the border of Dawarian and Kaghan Valley. This village has very high literacy rate in all over the Neelam, which is about 80%. In Dowarian there are oldest Govt school also located.
Kel a small village situated at a height of 2097m. This is another picturesque place in the Neelum Valley. The Shounter Nallah joins river Neelum at this place and leads to Gilgit Agency (Northern Areas) over the Shandur at 4420m.
Also explore Murree Shogran Tour
Neelum Valley Azad Kashmir Tour Packages Includes :
- Hotel accommodation for 2 nights
- 2012-13 Xli Car
- Pick and drop from Islamabad. (Lahore pick and drop will be charged at Rs 15,000/-).
- Driver will be your guide.
- Courteous Staff.
- Sceneric view of Neelum Valley AJK.
Neelum Valley Azad Kashmir Tour Packages Excludes :
- Any expense of Personal nature
- Sight seeing outside of itinerary
- Standard room in Standard package
- Delux room in Delux Package
- Executive room in Executive Package
Neelum Valley Azad Kashmir Tour Packages Itinerary:
- Day 1 Pick up from Islamabad, enroute Neelum Valley AJK, Night stay Khuttan / Athmuqam Neelum Valley AJK (8 Hrs drive)
- Day 2 Day tour to Keran, upper Neelum, Sharda, Night stay Keran/ Athmuqam Neelum Valley AJK
- Day 3 Check out & back to Islamabad via Murree. (8 Hrs drive).
- * This package is best suited from March till Mid November & is not available in extreme cold weather of December & January.
- ** All Foreigen guests wishing to visit AJK MUST obtain NOC from Ministry of Interior Islamabad. Please make all necessary arrangements prior to arrival. Foriegener are not allowed to visit areas near LoC AJK. (Neelum Valley AJK, Chokhoti Boarder Jehlum Valley and other places near LoC)